Thursday, September 5, 2013

Samsung Galaxy Gear, watch connected to $ 300: and you ... - Le Nouvel Observateur

src=”http://referentiel.nouvelobs.com/wsfile/6681378371614.jpg”

The Galaxy Gear presented at the IFA in Berlin, September 4, 2013 (G.BRELOER / SIPA).

Wednesday evening in Berlin, the Korean giant Samsung has introduced its first watch model connected. His name? Galaxy Gear. Nothing to do with the handheld game of our childhood, the Game Gear. No, this new accessory is as a sports watch with a square screen, a thick strap available in several colors (white, orange, brown, black, yellow) and a camera.

What it is, a watch connected

Galaxy Gear, you can check your mails and text messages, take pictures, answer your phone calls and receive notifications from social networks. To this is added a slew of applications like Runkeeper, the licensed joggers familiar.

At first glance, nothing revolutionary if you already think that we can make our phones and tablets. Yet fans of gadgets are sure to ogle over, despite some elements that could scratch the little heart of geek in all of us.

– Autonomy ranging around 25 hours depending on usage,

– Exclusive compatibility (for now) with the Galaxy Note 3

– A function call that require plug headphones into their smartphone if you do not want to share with our neighbors the conversation …

you, the Galaxy Gear you buy?

It is not, I do not need to be (more) connected

1. I already have a smartphone. It is connected to the internet and I am still able to get it out of my pocket. You’ve thought about what you will look like if we walk in the street with our Google Glass, our Galaxy Gear, connected our shoes and our smartphones?

2. You can use the watch with the Galaxy Note 3 for now. Pay over $ 200 a watch that I can use with a phone that costs more than $ 500, it bothers me.

3. Ok, I can receive calls on my Galaxy Gear. But who told you that I really want to talk alone, my wrist glued to their ears?

I can not wait to have

1. Speaking in a watch, this is a dream teen. I’ll throw at me, like my favorite cartoons. Finished science fiction, if these products are available as well enjoy it.

2. Who said that this watch was useless? Consult its texts discreetly without having to reach into the pocket, I’m interested! The same goes for the camera, I can shoot my ideas and make memos, without having to leave my 5 inches. Practice.

3. And if we stopped basher this new product for free? Who knows, as usual with the news, use the time to create! Samsung announces a number of features of course, but through future apps we can install that says we will not discover the missing nugget we all?

So, which side are you? Fans, not interested? You be the judge! In comments to this post or by offering your own contribution on the Plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment