Sunday, December 28, 2014

FM, LA Galaxy: the American dream of Clément Diop – Foot Mercato.net

Published: – Last modified:

He will join in 2015, the US champion. Clément Diop (21) committed with Los Angeles Galaxy for the next two years. A destination of choice for the French goalkeeper who played so far in Amiens, the club trainer. Contacted by us, he explained below his signature with the American franchise. “At first, I had to pass by the universities. But my profile has pleased the director of the Los Angeles Galaxy, who called me that I should go see it and give it a try there. After two days, he told me it was going to be good. I stayed a little longer than expected finally -a half months because he did not want me to go back to France without signing a contract with them. (…) I have had the opportunity to train with Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane when I was there. These are really very simple people, contrary to what one might think. These are very, very good players from what I could see. Landon Donovan retired. But next year, there should be at least a big star who is expected to arrive from what is being said “, he told then explaining his plans with residents of Major League Soccer, which rely heavily on it for the future.

“At first, I was told that the game time I get in my first year, it would be with the reserve. And if I reach the goal set with the reservation, I would quickly switch with the first team, because, according to them, I have ample level to prove myself in MLS. The reserve is the second American division. It’s very interesting, because Galaxy is the largest American club, and to spare, it has great visibility “, he said before displaying its ambitions. “The goal is to become an undisputed holder Galaxy and be the best goalie in the league. (…) My goal is to prove that I can be the best guard there “, he started thanking representatives Classico Sports Management and Jerome Meary and Édouard Lacroix finding him this great opportunity. The career path is clear to this former French international U19, confined to the reserve and the DH in Picardy, now eager to discover a “MLS in full development where stages are fi lled” where “The only issues are the performance and regularity” .

The MLS to forget the doors closed in France …

If he chose to try his luck on the other side of the Atlantic is that philosophy seems more suit him. “I wanted to find a different mentality, to get away from French football to discover something else. This is what was best for me I think. (…) The mentality is very different, especially in the work. We work a lot more than in France from what I could see. I like that mentality. It’s perfect for me. It went really well for me there. I was really happy to be there during these few weeks. People are very open. They really want to get us up and take us forward, that’s what I really liked. (…) In France, it was very late on some things. In the US, they began to be interested in football after us and they are already ahead of the working methods and mentality “, he confessed, regretting the operation of French football. “As I have a pretty strong character, it does not pass in France. This was a problem for me. When we wa nt to move away from the group and say what we think, we beheaded. This is the mentality of football in France. My character I closed the doors, that’s obvious. Amiens me closed doors as at some levels, I am sure. I do not want to Amiens, they made me sign pro. That’s how it’s all “ is he lamented before continuing.

” This summer, while I was under discussion for the month of February with L2 club, the coach of the guardians of the training went against its leaders to take 3 or 4 of Chateauroux, which was not even professional and had never played the same level than mine … There were then L1 loan club to take me to the test. But they got wind of my strong character and they are retracted … “, he recounted. Mishaps that have hardened and which, according to him, it will not happen again in the United States. “In France, it spends its time cut corners left and right. There, they watch the performance. It is in mentalities. They want performance, “, he analyzed. Performance, and excellence are what Clément Diop fan of Bernard Lama, “reference in French guards” , is now in America. With very high goals. “In the longer term, if I can take US citizenship, I think I will. Why not one day be called Senegalese selection, with whom I have had contact, or the American selection, if I become US “, he concluded. The American dream after all.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment